Jump to recipe
This creamy pie is cool and refreshing and sweet and slightly tart. Inspiration for this pie came from Healthy Indulgences Key Lime Pie. Oh, it’s so good and velvety! Hop over there and make it! Amazing!
I confess that I had key lime cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory this past weekend. Healthy Indulgence’s pie is way better than Cheesecake Factory, hands down!
Since starting Trim Healthy Mama, I’ve fallen in love with all things lemon. Strawberry Lemon Pudding from their cookbook is a new favorite so I got to thinking of how I could make a strawberry lemon pie.
As I said, I love the key lime pie from Healthy Indulgences so I tweaked their recipe and came up with my perfect version of a strawberry lemonade pie.
A few notes before you get started…
- I use an immersion blender to blend my strawberries throughout, you can also use a regular blender or food-processor.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your personal preferences.
- The pie crust is very versatile and pairs well with other no-bake pie.
- This pie should be stored in the fridge and it tastes best chilled.
This recipe has been linked up at Stacy Makes Cents and Gwen’s Nest for Trim and Healthy Tuesdays.
Save to BigOven
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 2 tablespoons xylitol, powdered
- ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 teaspoon xylitol, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (bottled works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest
- 1 packet (2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Reddi Whip or homemade whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of your crust ingredients and press the dough into a lightly greased pie plate.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven once edges are slightly browned.
- Place dish on a cooling rack to cool, refrigerate or freeze the crust to cool if you are in a hurry like I am.
- Set cream cheese out on the counter for 2 hours to reach room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and free of lumps. Stir the xylitol and stevia into cream cheese, then beat with mixer until the texture is smooth.
- Heat lemon juice, covered, in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Add zest to hot juice. Whisk gelatin into the juice until completely dissolved.
- With an immersion blender (or regular blender) blend in 2 cups of chopped strawberries. Let cool until the mixture is no longer hot to touch. Stir strawberry-juice mixture into cream cheese. Blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese/lemon juice mixture. Stir until fairly even.
- Refrigerate pie uncovered for 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of homemade xylitol-sweetened whipped cream and vanilla extract or Reddi Whip and strawberries.
- The pie will keep at least 3 days refrigerated.
© 2021 Copyright The New Lighter Life