I might be a little obsessed with peanut butter and cream pies lately.
Since I haven’t figured out how to healthify my Peanut Butter Coconut Balls, I decided to figure out a Trim Healthy Mama approved Peanut Butter Pie.
Who can blame me really? Living in the Florida heat, in a camper, the oven is my enemy right now. So this peanut butter pie is the perfect end of summer dessert. All I need is a little refrigerator or freezer space and I’m set with this chilled pie.
As far as the crust, you’ve got options here friends! I love options! 🙂 You only need half of the cookie dough batch for the crust so you can…
- Make 2 peanut butter pies.
- Use half the cookie dough for the crust and bake the other half into cookies.
- Or you can crumble up the baked cookies and press them into a pie pan (no need to bake the crust again).
I love options!
Below is a view of the pie crust, (which is low carb cookie dough) before baking.
For the filling mixture, I use powdered erythritol, you can use Truvia, or xylitol too just make sure you powder it (I grind it in an old coffee grinder) or it will be gritty.
The prepared pie is tasty but it just needs a little oompf.
That special oompf is through a chocolate drizzle. This addition helps balance the flavors, so don’t skip it, please. I use Hershey’s sugar-free chocolate chips, but use what you like.
For Trim Healthy Mama, this recipe is a HEAVY S. It’s decadent, rich, and sure to satisfy a peanut butter craving with just a small slice.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie
Save to BigOven
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, (I use creamy for the pie crust)
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup erythritol, powdered
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 1/2 c. sugar-free chocolate chips, for drizzle
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the peanut butter, xylitol, egg & vanilla.
- Add almond flour, salt, and baking soda and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Press half the cookie dough into a greased pie plate. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let crust cool and transfer to the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Once the crust is thoroughly cooled, mix the cream cheese and powdered erythritol well until thoroughly blended. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt, & whipped whipping cream. Mix until well blended and same consistency. Pour into cooled cookie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate chips with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and stir. Drizzle chocolate over top.
- It is best to cut this pie directly out of the freezer and store it in the refrigerator.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright The New Lighter Life