Since I haven’t figured out how to healthify my Telephone Cookies, I decided to figure out a Trim Healthy Mama-approved Peanut Butter Pie. I might be a little obsessed with peanut butter and cream pies lately so it’s a perfect time, right?
Who can blame me really? Living in the Florida heat, in a camper, the oven is my enemy right now. So this peanut butter pie is the perfect end-of-summer dessert. All I need is a little refrigerator or freezer space and I’m set with this chilled pie.
- Make 2 peanut butter pies.
- Use half the cookie dough for the crust and bake the other half into cookies.
- Or you can crumble up the baked cookies and press them into a pie pan (no need to bake the crust again).
I love options!
Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 c. natural peanut butter
- ¾ c. xylitol
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ c. low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ c. erythritol powdered
- 1 c. creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. whipping cream whipped and sweetened
- ½ c. sugar-free chocolate chips for drizzle
- 1 tsp. coconut oil for drizzle
To Make Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the peanut butter, xylitol, egg & vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add almond flour, salt, and baking soda and stir until consistent.
- Press half the cookie dough into a greased pie plate.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the crust cool and transfer it to the refrigerator to speed up the process.
To Make Filling:
- Once the crust is thoroughly cooled, mix the cream cheese and powdered erythritol well until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt, & whipped whipping cream. Mix until well blended and same consistency.
- Pour into cooled cookie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours or until set.
For the Drizzle:
- Melt the chocolate chips with ½ tsp. of coconut oil and stir.
- Drizzle chocolate over top.