Alright, all. I’ve made it no secret that I’m a bit of a chocolate chip cookie snob. I have multiple recipes for chocolate chip cookies that I’ve developed and refined over the years. Today, I have my absolute favorite cookie, the Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Mind you, this is a copycat recipe that tastes so close to Potbelly’s…I’m betting you will not feel the need to go to Potbelly’s for your fix.
These are not healthy cookies but if you’re looking for some yummy HEALTHY cookies, check out the recipe for my chocolate chip cookies with beans.
But back to these babies, their chewiness comes from the quick-cooking oatmeal in them. They have the perfect balance of sweetness and the texture is perfect. If you prefer to have your cookies a little fluffier, you definitely do not want to skip refrigerating the dough for 20 minutes and you can add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen and is easily halved
WARNING: They’re highly addictive, I dare you to eat just one!
Now let’s get to the Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cup oatmeal, quick-cooking
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Incorporate the mixed dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until blended
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate your mixed dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Scoop cookie dough (the size of a walnut) onto a greased cookie sheet, ungreased stoneware pan, or silcone lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 min, turning at the 5-6 minute mark. Remove from oven when cookies are slightly browned on the edges. They will finish baking on the hot pan.
- Let cookies cool slightly on the pan and remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
pan and remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
2 thoughts on “Potbelly’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
Just made these. Amazing. Even had to substitute the egg with cornstarch and water and they were still completely delicious.
Yay! I’m glad you enjoyed them!