I would just like to declare that my momma makes the best banana bread!
As yummy as her recipe is, I recently decided to tweak it so it would qualify as a healthy banana bread recipe. It’s honestly just as delicous but has a little less sugar and sprouted wheat instead of white flour.
We are trying to eat only sprouted breads and grains in moderation. This recipe and my quinoa bread recipe are some of the healthier breads I’ve added to my repetoire.
Now onto her updated healthified recipe…
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Save to BigOven
1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, xylitol, or other sweetener
- 3 bananas, softened and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup sprouted wheat flour (I used white wheat & kamut)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until thoroughly blended. Mix in the mashed bananas and eggs.
- Blend in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until the bread is baked throughout.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright The New Lighter Life
The verdict on my healthy version? The kids love it and say it’s just as good! We got a winner!!