Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies are an irresistible treat that combines the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors. I shared this recipe many years ago when we were full-time RVing and I was making Christmas goodies in the camper. My aunt made these cookies for years and it was an easy choice, while I was trying to figure out my camper oven. With just a few simple ingredients, these cookies can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack, a party treat, or a homemade gift, these cookies are sure to satisfy your cravings.
The Magic of Three Ingredients
The beauty of these cookies lies in their simplicity. The three main ingredients you’ll need are:
- Ritz Crackers: These buttery, salty crackers form the base of the cookies. Their unique flavor and texture add a delightful crunch that perfectly complements the other ingredients.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter is sandwiched between the crackers, providing a rich, nutty flavor.
- Vanilla Almond Bark: This is used to coat the cookies and adds a nice sealed layer of sweet creamy candy.
The rich, creamy peanut butter pairs perfectly with the crispy, buttery Ritz crackers, creating a match made in dessert heaven. These cookies remind me of Resee’s Pieces, but they are even better.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies
Creating these cookies is a breeze. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Prepare the Baking Sheet: Start by lining a baking sheet or countertop with parchment or wax paper or parchment paper. This prevents the cookies from sticking and makes clean-up easier.
- Assemble the Sandwiches: Place half of the Ritz crackers on the paper. Spread about ½ tablespoon of peanut butter onto each cracker, then top with another cracker to create a sandwich.
- Melt the Almond Bark: Place your almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each burst. You can also use a double boiler for a more controlled, gentle melt.
- Dip the Cookies: Drop each sandwich into the melted almond bark, ensuring it’s fully coated. Using two forks or a candy dipping fork, lift the cookie out of the almond bark, tapping off any excess.
- Let Set: Place the dipped sandwiches on a baking sheet. Allow them to sit until the almond bark hardens. To speed up the process, you can pop the tray into the refrigerator.
- Store Properly: Once set, transfer the cookies to an airtight container. If stacking them, separate each layer with wax or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Customizing Your Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies
While the classic recipe is delicious on its own, there’s plenty of room for creativity. Here are a few ways you can mix things up:
- Add Some Crunch: For a fun twist, try using crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth. This adds a nice crunch to every bite.
- Switch Up the Chocolate: Experiment with different types of candy for the coating. You could use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even colored candy melts for a festive touch.
- Sprinkle on Some Salt: A sprinkle of sea salt flakes on the almond bark can enhance the sweet and salty balance.
- Decorate with Sprinkles: For a more festive look, consider adding some sprinkles on top of the cookies. This is our favorite way to decorate during the holidays or for special occasions.
Storing & Freezing Your Cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If your house is warm, you might want to keep them in the refrigerator to prevent the almond bark from getting too soft.
For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies. Just place them in a freezer-safe container, separating each layer with wax or parchment paper. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to two months.
Whether you’re preparing for a holiday gathering, a cookie swap, or just a casual snack at home, these peanut butter Ritz cookies are sure to impress. They’re deliciously sweet, slightly salty, and irresistibly crunchy.
So why not give them a try? With their easy preparation and scrumptious flavor, these no-bake treats are bound to become a new favorite. Happy NOT baking!
Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies
- 32 Ritz Crackers 1 sleeve
- ½ peanut butter creamy
- 8 oz almond bark
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet or the countertop.
- Place half of the Ritz crackers on the paper-lined surface.
- Spread about ½ tablespoon of peanut butter onto each cracker, then top with another cracker to create a sandwich.
- Place the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each burst. You can also use a double boiler for a more controlled, gentle melt.
- Drop each sandwich into the melted almond bark, ensuring it's fully coated. Using two forks or a candy dipping fork, lift the cookie out of the almond bark, tapping off any excess.
- Place the dipped sandwiches on the paper. Allow them to sit until the coating hardens. To speed up the process, you can transfer the sandwiches into the refrigerator.
- Once set, transfer the cookies to an airtight container. If stacking them, separate each layer with wax or parchment paper to prevent sticking.