I know I’ve been sharing a lot of Christmas recipes lately. Rest assured, I have some different posts planned for the near future. I just had to share this Caramel Cheese Puffs recipe with you today.
If you have never tried Caramel Cheese Puffs, you are in for a treat.
I got this recipe from a dear friend of mine close to 15 years ago and always think of them around the holidays, but they are great throughout the year.
On a side note…Do any of you remember when Target carried the popcorn that had caramel, cheddar, and salted popcorn?! It was AMAZING! I remember thinking it sounded disgusting until another friend of mine told me it was to die for. She was right. And then Target discontinued it.
These Caramel Cheese Puffs almost make up for the long-discontinued triple-flavored popcorn.
You can use cheese balls or cheese puffs in this recipe; they are both delicious. If you use puffs, you may want to cut them in half.
This recipe only has 3 ingredients to add to your cheese puffs and is very easy to make. Once you pour your caramel mixture over your puffs, you’ll need to bake them in the oven for an hour, stirring them every ten minutes.
They are worth every minute!
Caramel Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. light corn syrup
- 11 oz. of cheese puffs
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for about 2 minutes.
- Place your cheese puffs in a large bowl.
- Pour your caramel mixture over the cheese puffs and stir to coat.
- Transfer the coated cheese puffs to a cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake the coated puffs for 1 hour, stirring them every 10 minutes.
- Once finished, pour your caramelized puffs onto wax paper and break them apart as they cool.
2 thoughts on “Caramel Cheese Puffs Recipe”
My aunt used to bring these to Thanksgiving! So glad to find how to make these! Thanks!
Yes! So glad you found them. Blessings!