I think I almost died.
Ummm…k. Maybe not. But these black bean chocolate chip cookies are amazing!
I dished them out to every member of my family (except Pepper – dogs should NOT have xylitol or chocolate) and EVEN the skeptical husband LOVED them. He did!
In fact, everyone loved them.
They don’t taste healthy…but they are. Win-win!
I adapted my recipe to Trim Healthy Mama guidelines and here you have a version of the black bean chocolate chip cookies that are perfect for an S (Satisfying) treat.
Black Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 16 cookies
- 1 can no-salt or low-salt black beans, rinsed well
- 2 T. almond milk
- 1 1/2 T. peanut butter/nut butter of choice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. almond flour
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ c. + 1 T. xylitol (ground fine in a coffee grinder)
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 c. sugar-free chocolate chips