I’m really excited to get to share this guilt-FREE low-carb Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole! This is a great meal for a potato-loving family. Personally, we probably eat far too many potatoes than are good for us.
Quite honestly, potatoes are not always conducive to our eating plan. I always fall short in the vegetable category for our meals. If any of you know Mark, you will know he has a dislike for onions and vegetables. He can throw down a salad but beyond that, he looks at vegetables as unsavory for the most part.
This can make my garden pursuits seem a little misfocused, but I digress…
Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole Origins
I originally posted this recipe way back when I did Trim Healthy Mama (THM) religiously. As a family, we LOVED my Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. But clearly, that didn’t fit into THM.
My very easy and simple way to correct this problem was to substitute cauliflower for potatoes.
And you know what?! It worked. Even Mark eats his fair portion of this casserole. I can honestly say this Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole hits the spot every time. Reason being? This casserole is packed full of flavor without the blood-sugar spike.
I promise you won’t even feel like you’re missing out on this recipe. If you’d like to try the original potato version of this recipe you can find it here.
Both casseroles are delicious!
Low Carb Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head of cauliflower cut up into florets
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- ½ c. bacon cooked and cut up
- ¼ c. butter melted
- 1 ½ tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the cut-up cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover loosely, and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower of all the water and place the cauliflower and the cooked ground beef into an ungreased 9 X 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, onion powder, bacon, butter, and ranch seasoning.
- Pour the cream mixture into the pan and gently toss the sour cream mixture with ground beef and cauliflower.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes more.
What do you think? Do you also struggle with incorporating more vegetables into your meals? If so, you should check out my cauliflower pizza, it is delicious!!
1 thought on “Low-Carb Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole”