Previously, Ellie shared how to make hot chocolate without powdered milk. That recipe is yummy and we love it still.
You may also want to check out our Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe.
But today I have a gourmet hot chocolate recipe to share.
I love all things mint and this hot chocolate is no exception. For this recipe I converted the ingredients from our previous mix to make 1 serving at a time. That way you can mix it as you go.
Good quality cocoa powder makes it that much more decadent and whipping cream adds more creaminess.
Gourmet Hot Chocolate Recipe ~ Mint Edition
- 1 cup milk half and half or whipping cream combination
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- teeny tiny pinch of salt
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil or 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- whipped cream and shaved chocolate for garnish
- Heat up milk in a microwave or saucepan, do not let it come to a boil.
- Stir in the sugar, cocoa powder, salt and peppermint.
- Pour into mug and garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.