We LOVE these white chocolate cranberry granola bars! I’ve made these countless times over the past 5 years for camping trips and playgroups. In fact, their inspiration comes from an AllRecipes.com recipe for Playgroup Granola Bars. I’ve made some major tweaks to the recipe and they are oh so tasty! Perfect fall flavors!
A few notes first…
These are best cut warm but wait until they cool to handle them. Also, honey is necessary. I’ve substituted corn syrup before (in a pinch) and they were hard as rocks.
Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
Save to BigOven
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar, & honey. Stir in egg, vanilla, & almond extract. Add salt, flour, & rolled oats. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and craisins.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cut while bars are warm but let them cool before handling.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Corn syrup does not substitute for honey in this recipe.
© 2021 Copyright The New Lighter Life