We LOVE these white chocolate cranberry granola bars! I’ve made these countless times over the years for camping trips and playgroups. In fact, their inspiration comes from an AllRecipes.com recipe for Playgroup Granola Bars. I’ve made some major tweaks to the recipe and they are oh-so-tasty! Perfect flavors any time of the year!
Once you whip up a batch, you’ll see just how easy they are. Homemade granola bars are so easy, I often wonder why we ever buy the storebought ones which are loaded with preservatives and additives.
Now let me just state the obvious, these granola bars have a fair amount of brown sugar and honey. But I would argue that they have enough sugar for kids to actually eat them. AND, they have far less sugar than many of the storebought ones.
Tips for White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
- This recipe is easily doubled and can be baked on a cookie sheet.
- You may sub out the egg for 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water
- Sometimes I add chia seeds and flaked coconut. You have a lot of options for add-ins so experiment!
- If you try to substitute corn syrup for honey, they turn out hard and inedible.
- Once you bake the bars, cut them right away. They harden up slightly after baking and are more difficult to cut when cooled.
- Store your granola bars in an airtight container or snack-size ziplock bag for sack lunches or hikes.
Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
- ½ c. butter softened
- ½ c. brown sugar packed
- ½ c. honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. oatmeal old fashioned
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. craisins
- 1 c. sliced almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, & honey and mix until you have an even consistency.
- Stir in the egg, vanilla, & almond extract and mix well.
- Add the salt, flour, & oatmeal. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and craisins.
- Pour the mixture to your prepared baking pan and press to evenly cover the bottom.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Do NOT overbake.
- Immediately after removing your bars from the oven, cut them. Let the bars cook before storing them in an airtight container.
If you’re a fan of cranberry and oatmeal pairing, check out our oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookies. Delicious!