I’m so excited about a recent project I finished. Today I’m sharing with you how to organize your purse. I don’t know about you, but my purse was a horrid mess!
Always digging for essentials and coming up empty-handed while we were out and about…no bandaids or breath mints…and lets not even talk about the days I forgot to put on deodorant! Eeeek!
While at a planning meeting for CC recently, I was oohing and aahing over how organized 2 of the homeschooling moms were…like major organization envy! Their organizers inspired me! They were so beautiful and compact!
I tried to resist the urge to be a complete stalker and I only asked them where they got their bag, an Orla Kiely bag. Target. I scored this baby for about $17, a little pricey in my book, but worth it. These bags are in the makeup section and I have to say I love mine! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
It can hold quite a bit of goodies. There are 3 different sections and that middle section below, (labeled personal care) is it’s own little attached self contained bag that is easy to access when you unzip the zippers just to the point where the sides curve.
As you can see above, I keep my “stuff” compartmentalized and it makes sense to me. So here is what I have in each section…
- Cough drops (2 kinds – 1 for me and 1 for the kids)
- Alcohol wipe
- Neosporin type gel
- Plexus Fast Relief sample (just had to use this the other day)
- Nail Clippers
- Stick of Plexus of Slim (just in case I forget to take mine or someone wants to try a pack of it)
- Throat Coat Tea (LOVE this stuff for sore throats!)
Look at all this stuff!!! Keep in mind it’s winter. For summertime this will likely look different, (bug spray, afterbite stick, etc).
Next we have the Personal Care section of my organizer.
- Hand sanitizer
- Lip moisturizer (okay…so I KNOW this is lanolin but this stuff is awesome and I still have samples from when I was in the hospital with Zander)
- Hand lotion
- Sanitary pad
- Travel dental brush/picks
- Hair ties
- Hair clip
My last compartment is for odds and ends.
- Shout wipes
- Grocery bag folded like a triangle (love this tip and have been doing this for years)
- Sunblock Bar
I LOVE my organizer and I finally have what I need contained! My organizer has more room but I didn’t want to cram too much in there…here are some other ideas you could add to your purse organizer….
- Protein Bar
- Lip gloss/ lip stick
- Bug bite stick (to stop the itch)
- Bug spray
- Flash light
- Extra cash
- Bobby pins
- Phone numbers in case of emergency
- Note pad
- Brush (but NOT for curly hair)
- Safety pins
- Sewing kit
- Ginger chews (or Tums)
This is my list but I’d love to hear what tiny essentials you keep in your purse on a regular basis.