We LOVE these white chocolate cranberry granola bars! I’ve made these countless times over the past 5 years for camping trips and playgroups. In fact, their inspiration comes from an AllRecipes.com recipe for Playgroup Granola Bars. I’ve made some major tweaks to the recipe and they are oh so tasty! Perfect fall flavors!
A few notes first…
These are best cut warm but wait until they cool to handle them. Also, the honey is necessary. I’ve substituted corn syrup before (in a pinch) and they were hard as rocks.
White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. craisins
- 1 c. sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar, & honey. Stir in egg, vanilla, & almond extract. Add salt, flour, & rolled oats. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and craisins.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cut while bars are warm but let them cool before handling.