It’s the lifeblood to eating Trim Healthy Mama style.
But it sure is a yummy low-carb dessert that will satisfy your chocolate cravings while boosting your metabolism. A quick and easy dessert is key to making Trim Healthy Mama work for us in our small RV space.
With the perfect quantities and ingredients, I’ve figured out to make skinny chocolate just right for our tastes.
First, let me tell you that I’m really NOT a big dark chocolate fan. I wish I were, but I sit somewhere between milk and dark. Someday I’ll get my big girl panties on and graduate to dark. Needless to say, the original Trim Healthy Mama Skinny Chocolate was too dark for my tastes, but here are our 3 favorite tweaked flavor combinations.
- Coconut Almond Skinny Chocolate
- Peppermint Protein Skinny Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Skinny Chocolate
But first, a few tips…
My Top 5 Tips for Perfect Skinny Chocolate
- Use Xylitol or Truvia – these 2 sweeteners are the only ones I’ve fully embraced for chocolate. Stevia extract is just too bitter by itself.
- Grind the Sweetener – this is super important. If you don’t grind the sweetener, you’ll end up with really gritty, bitter skinny chocolate. Been there, done it, I don’t recommend it.
- Add Salt – this may sound weird, but the salt brings out the sweet, and it’s yummy!
- Add Protein Powder – I love Swanson’s Protein Powder (click here to save $5 off your first order)! The protein powder definitely lightens up the chocolate to a place somewhere between dark and milk chocolate.
- To Remove From Dish – I refrigerate my skinny chocolate for a couple of hours and then flip the dish with the hardened skinny chocolate upside down over the sink. Then I run warm water over the bottom of the dish. It comes out easily that way. I cut my chocolate squares up and store them in the freezer.
And now the recipes… all of them are S for Satisfying.
Other Flavoring Ideas
OrangeVanillaAlmondRum At the VERY least, add vanilla extract to your skinny chocolate. As a general rule, I recommend you start with 1/2 tsp for extracts. Essential oils, I’d start with 2 drops and go up according to your tastes. So what have you tried? I’d love to hear your ideas on making different versions of Skinny Chocolate.