Once you try my hot pepper peach jam recipe, you will never ever buy any other gourmet sweet pepper jam again…I promise!
I’ve long had a little love affair with sweet and spicy jam over cream cheese and with crackers. I think this all started when I used to be a consultant for Tastefully Simple nearly 20 years ago. I was hooked but never really thought to make some myself.
Every summer we get bushels of peaches and I can peaches like there is no tomorrow. I almost always take too long to get to all the peaches before they are too soft. This hot peach pepper jam recipe was concocted from some of those softer peaches. I’ve made several batches and think I’ve finally reached perfection to share with you.
On a side note – this summer, when I get more rhubarb out of my garden, I’m going to make up my jalapeno rhubarb pie to share with you…to die for!
But back to this delicious jam…I’ve given countless jars to friends for Christmas and birthdays. It’s a winner friends!
10 More Uses for Hot Pepper Peach Jam
The most common way to enjoy this jam is over a brick of cream cheese with crackers. But there are MANY other ways to enjoy it. Below are some ideas for you to try your hot pepper peach jam.
- Deli sandwich spread
- On buttered toast
- Baked Brie & crackers
- Goat cheese & crackers
- Cocktail meatballs or sausages
- Added to Chicken Salad
- Grilled or baked chicken or pork
- Chicken wing sauce
- Grilled bacon and cheese
- Added to BBQ sauce or in homemade BBQ sauce
So now that you see how versatile this little condiment is, let’s get to the recipe!
Hot Pepper Peach Jam Recipe
- 4 c. fresh or frozen peaches peeled and chopped fine
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 3 medium jalapenos chopped (see note on seeds)
- 2 oz. powdered pectin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice bottled
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- 5 c. sugar
- Place peaches in a 6-quart saucepan and begin to heat slowly.
- Stir in peppers, pectin, lemon juice.
- Add butter to reduce foaming.
- Heat mixture to a full rolling boil.
- Stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with a metal spoon and ladle jam into prepared jars.
- Process in a water bath canner.
If you have some other uses for your hot pepper peach jalapeno jam, please share them below in the comments!