Mmmmm…fall. I love this time of year!
In South Texas, I get my soup on during the cooler weather, and this Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is one of my very favorites!
It’s hearty and oh so good! While we were
slaving away painting our house one recent Saturday, I threw this in the crockpot and we got to enjoy it after a long day’s work. Y
We do VERY limited bread but I suggest you don’t skip out on serving this with crusty bread. Perfection!
Crockpot Hearty and Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup water
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Additional water or broth for proper consistency
- Place everything in a 6-quart crockpot except the heavy cream.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- When finished cooking, shred chicken and add heavy cream to crockpot.
- Add additional water or broth if needed.
- Serve with crusty bread.